WordPress, SharePoint, HootSuite, Spredfast, TweetDeck, Google Analytics, Microsoft Office, EDIUS, Adobe Photoshop, Facebook Business Manager
Strong AP-style writing skills with experience working quickly and accurately under pressure and time constraints. Excellent ability to write clearly and concisely, including hard news, features, essays, and press releases. Experienced in copy editing and social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and YouTube. Ability to use critical thinking skills, prioritize work, and allocate time under deadlines.
Master of Arts in Public Relations, Webster University
Bachelor of Arts in Communication, University of Missouri-St. Louis
Brand and social marketing manager
KSDK-TV, 5 On Your Side, St. Louis, Missouri (2018-present)
- Create strategic social marketing initiatives that focus on driving viewership to our flagship newscasts
- Responsible for driving the 5 On Your Side brand internally and externally, assisting in recruitment strategy and execution on all platforms
- Write and publish a monthly internal newsletter
- Write and issue news releases on behalf of the station for newsworthy events
- Create, purchase, and manage all ad buys on social media
- Design graphics to be used on-air and online
University of Missouri-St. Louis (2015-present)
- COMM 3370 – Social Media in Public Relations
- COMM 1150 – Intro to Public Relations
Digital marketing manager
KSDK-TV, 5 On Your Side, St. Louis, Missouri (2017-2018)
- Used social media to promote the station, its people, and their stories through targeted approaches that maximized the results within the given budget.
- Organized, coordinated, wrote copy for, promoted, and executed digital contests and sweepstakes that engaged our viewers with our digital platforms and newscasts.
- Worked with on-air talent to create individualized strategies that helped grow their digital presence.
Digital content writer
Monsanto Company (now Bayer), St. Louis, Missouri (2015-2017)
- Wrote high-quality, engaging stories for Monsanto’s consumer-facing websites that connected target audiences with agriculture.
- Submitted stories to the legal team and worked with them to finalize digital copy.
- Worked with the social media team to draft copy for social media posts and helped monitor Monsanto’s online reputation.
- Taught best practices for writing interesting, engaging digital content to employees who did not have a communication background.
- Edited blog posts written by scientists to ensure consumer friendliness.
- Assigned and managed content created by partner agencies.
KSDK-TV, 5 On Your Side, St. Louis, Missouri (2011-2015)
- Worked under constant deadlines to write and produce original online news content, feature stories, photo galleries, and videos for KSDK.com, focusing on issues important to customers.
- Responsible for managing, monitoring, and maintaining social media platforms to ensure KSDK-branded messages were presented, and engage with customers to promote brand loyalty and seek feedback on news stories.
- Created and executed daily social media objectives and strategies.
- Used digital experience and knowledge to overcome obstacles.
- Collaborated with reporters to compose web-exclusive content and copy-edit prose.
- Aggregated and organized digital media to present key messages.
- Shot still photography to produce photo galleries for high-profile local events.
- Edited raw video stories to accompany text on web pages.
- Coordinated with show producers to promote KSDK.com during daily broadcasts.
- Planned online content for local events, including Race for the Cure, local and national elections, and severe weather.
- Brainstormed strategies with the digital team to achieve a variety of web traffic goals.
- Tracked and measured web traffic in real time to determine peak hours to post most appropriate stories.